Turner-Eighner Funeral Homes in Somonauk and Plano, IL Ron and Linda Turner built the Somonauk location in 1980. In 1990, the Plano location was built and houses our crematory. In 1999, Ron bought Hanley Funeral Homes in Earlville and Leland. Chuck and Amy Eighner bought the Somonauk, Plano, Earlville and Leland locations from Ron and Linda in 2001. In 2003, Keith Burkhart approached Chuck about purchasing Burkhart’s. Hanley-Turner-Eighner Funeral Homes in Earlville and Leland, IL. Mr. Hanley opened the funeral home on Ottawa street and bought out Torman & Son’s Funeral Home across the street. Burkhart-Eighner Funeral Home in Sandwich, IL In 1856 Jacob Burkhart started J. Burkhart & Son furniture and undertaking business on South Main Street. He briefly had a partner, David Nixon. After fire destroyed the first building, it was replaced by a two-story brick structure in 1895. In 1925, they closed the furniture business and moved the funeral home to Wolfe Street. Later, they moved the business to North Main Street and finally settling at the current location on Arnold Road. The Burkhart Family owned and operated Burkhart Funeral Home until 2004 when Keith Burkhart approached Chuck about purchasing the funeral home. At that time, Burkhart’s was bought by the Eighner family. For over 150 years the Burkhart, Hanley and Turner families have faithfully served their communities, now the Eighner family is continuing that tradition.